When did you first start riding bikes?
- I started riding when I was 12, just cruising around the streets with friends and one day I saw a friend doing bunnyhops so I started trying them, later on I went to the skatepark and that's when I said this is I want to do!
When did you start riding pro, and what made you decide to make it your job?
- I always liked competing so I tried to go to every competition and when Latin X Games went to Brazil I decided to give it a go, pretty much turning Pro just happened but I think it was because I wanted to just compete.
How many years have you been riding pro?
- 8 or 9 I think...
What is your most memorable accomplishment in the sport so far?
- I think I consider a lot of moments memorable since I never thought I'd be able be where I am today, winning BACO Jam in 2005 and doing the front flip over the spine, all my Dew Cups, my X Games medals, being able to travel the world doing clinics and giving back to the sport!
How would you like to see bmx evolve?
- A little more organized and more united, it's happening but it's taking time…
Where is your favorite place to ride?
- The Animal House here in Greenville, NC. We just remodeled the park and we are getting dirt jumps out the back thanks to Perry and crew. It's awesome!
What would you like to accomplish in the next 5 years?
- I wanna be on top of my game for as long as I can, 5, 6, 10 years, whatever long I feel up for it. I also would like to be more involved in shaping the sport, would like to throw events here and there and make it more globally connected!
Do you have any advice for our young bmx riders out there?
- Wear your pads, have fun and believe in yourself!