1. How did you get into DH? My buddy Derek took me out to Downieville years ago and I rented a DH bike. I was BLOWN away!! The bike had suspension, crazy brakes, etc...I was hooked from that point on...
2. Air or coil shocks? Coil on the rear/air fork....Rock Shox Baby!!
3. Hot dogs or hamburgers? My friends would tell you both(they think I have a eating problem)
4. If you could only have one bike? Now that's a tough one...I'd have to say Enduro because of the huck-ability, but also because of my eating habits..
5. Favorite motorcross racer? VILLOPOTO all the way!! Angry ginger on track!!!
6. Last thing that goes through mind at the start gate?/b> Party time...
7. Favorite DH track? Schladming will always be the best. That track had everything...perfect flow, roots, mud, rocks, open grass sections, elevation, and a perfect slope.
8. Favorite XC loop? In a little place in Santa Cruz where hippies hang out.
9. How many pull-ups can you do? 25....after hotdogs/ hamburgers..3
10. How big are your quads? The size of Schwillis' waist.
11. Describe your riding style… In control..maybe a little too much. Need to let the ginger out.
12. Biggest race for you? I personally am a big fan of Crankworx Whistler. That place gets tons of coverage, big names show up, fans everywhere, Best bike park in the world and you get to share it with your bros. It's the best barnone.
13. Who has helped you along the way? So many people..my family, friends and my amazing girlfriend Chas are the obivous. Then others like Brandon Sloan, John Dawson, Joe Buckley have done so much for me over the years, I can't even begin to tell!! So thank you all!!!
14. Carbon or aluminum? Carbon is the future!!!!
15. Flats or clips? Flats all the way.
16. Pump track or slalom? Pumptracks are so fun.
17. Who would win in a fight, Joe Buckley or Brandon Sloan? Those guys would die trying...too tough to call. Whoever bonked first would go down...so maybe Buck. Ive him seen bonk more than Sloan. I'm convinced theres steriods in DR Pepper..
18. What’s more important, geometry or travel? Geometry
19. What sort of hair products do you use? H2O...oh wait, Axis hair products from Canada.
20. Favorite breakfast?? I could eat EGGS, sausage, english muffins and French Toast for the rest of my life...3 times a day no problemo..
21. Best thing about DH racing? Worst? The challenge!!! It's so hard to be up top. It keeps me alive and well...my life couldn't be any better right now. Worst part would have to injuries and the airports. They both suck no matter what...
Just finished upMay 16, 2011
Just finished up day two of the Highland Pro Grt. I'd have to say that with the size of the mountain they have here they do a great job at utilizing all of what they have. Every inch of this mountain is got something and done properly. You can tell it's built by riders thats for sure. They've done a A+ job on this hill.
The Dh track is actually really good. It's rough, rocky, slick (now because of mother nature), couple steeps with plenty of options for lines and some nice floaters here and there. The Demo is loving this rough stuff out east.. I'm running some big 2.5 Butchers for all these rocks too...those bads boys are smoothing out those rock sections like no other. Plus my rims are much happier too :).
Should be some good racing tomorrow. Gwin, Leov, Neko, Sternberg and the Yeti Boys are here. Well see who can keep it upright and pinned on these slick roots and rocks. It's gonna be wild!!!