1. How did you get into DH? My buddy Derek took me out to Downieville years ago and I rented a DH bike. I was BLOWN away!! The bike had suspension, crazy brakes, etc...I was hooked from that point on...
2. Air or coil shocks? Coil on the rear/air fork....Rock Shox Baby!!
3. Hot dogs or hamburgers? My friends would tell you both(they think I have a eating problem)
4. If you could only have one bike? Now that's a tough one...I'd have to say Enduro because of the huck-ability, but also because of my eating habits..
5. Favorite motorcross racer? VILLOPOTO all the way!! Angry ginger on track!!!
6. Last thing that goes through mind at the start gate?/b> Party time...
7. Favorite DH track? Schladming will always be the best. That track had everything...perfect flow, roots, mud, rocks, open grass sections, elevation, and a perfect slope.
8. Favorite XC loop? In a little place in Santa Cruz where hippies hang out.
9. How many pull-ups can you do? 25....after hotdogs/ hamburgers..3
10. How big are your quads? The size of Schwillis' waist.
11. Describe your riding style… In control..maybe a little too much. Need to let the ginger out.
12. Biggest race for you? I personally am a big fan of Crankworx Whistler. That place gets tons of coverage, big names show up, fans everywhere, Best bike park in the world and you get to share it with your bros. It's the best barnone.
13. Who has helped you along the way? So many people..my family, friends and my amazing girlfriend Chas are the obivous. Then others like Brandon Sloan, John Dawson, Joe Buckley have done so much for me over the years, I can't even begin to tell!! So thank you all!!!
14. Carbon or aluminum? Carbon is the future!!!!
15. Flats or clips? Flats all the way.
16. Pump track or slalom? Pumptracks are so fun.
17. Who would win in a fight, Joe Buckley or Brandon Sloan? Those guys would die trying...too tough to call. Whoever bonked first would go down...so maybe Buck. Ive him seen bonk more than Sloan. I'm convinced theres steriods in DR Pepper..
18. What’s more important, geometry or travel? Geometry
19. What sort of hair products do you use? H2O...oh wait, Axis hair products from Canada.
20. Favorite breakfast?? I could eat EGGS, sausage, english muffins and French Toast for the rest of my life...3 times a day no problemo..
21. Best thing about DH racing? Worst? The challenge!!! It's so hard to be up top. It keeps me alive and well...my life couldn't be any better right now. Worst part would have to injuries and the airports. They both suck no matter what...
My God does it rainMay 16, 2011
My God does it rain over here on the east coast. We were fortunate enough to have some sun for a few days at the 2nd ProGrt in Highland but mother nature decided to give'r on race day sunday. As the day progress, so did the rain. Which was fine with me as everyone had to deal with it. So it was just a matter of ripping some tear-offs and hitting your lines. I actually thought the track was alot of fun to ride in those conditions as it brings a whole different element to racing. Because rallying down wet rocks, roots wasn't enough!!
Brad and I also got to hang and ride with the GROM racing team as well. Sam Pensler, Tim Price, Brad Benedict and I practiced a bit together on saturday and those boys were going!! I believe Sam took 3rd in Junior X, only a few secs off first. So congrats to him. He's got lots of racing left this year and more in the tank.
I had a good quali in the morning and rode smooth to 3rd. I knew I had more for the final and all the rain was actually helping me relax a bit more to be honest. Just wanted to give it my all for the final, which I did. I had a small mistake top of the course, but everyone does. But I was happy with only going 1.5 secs slower in the pissing rain and taking 4th in the final. Congrats to Neko on his first win. He's a good kid. Hopefully he's safe with all of those fireworks he's gonna buy with that $1500. Apparently New Hampshire has THE best fireworks around.
Were now hanging out for a few days, then off to Plattekill. Sounds like more rain too. Sounds weird, but I hope it does rain in Plattekill. I must be buzzing on too much caffeine.